This October we’re asking you to join us in raising money for the Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven – whose funds go directly towards the women and men of Worcestershire presenting with breast care needs
In Worcestershire alone, over 600 people are diagnosed each year with breast cancer, with 1 in 3 women in the county needing to see a breast specialist at some point in their life.
Breast Cancer Awareness month is a worldwide annual campaign to raise awareness and funds to help research, fund and provide the best facilities possible for those with Breast Cancer.
Join us this October to think pink and do what you can to help those individuals and families affected by this disease #everybodyknowssomebody #worcsthinkpink
What can you do to help?
Whether you’re a school, college, business, community group or would like to organise a private event for family & friends, we welcome all of Worcestershire to think pink this October and support your local breast cancer charity. You can find a few suggestions below and we would be happy to chat through ideas.
– Wearing a pink top/shirt to work and making a donation towards Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven
– Having a pink Coffee Morning or pink Afternoon Tea
– Pink non-uniform day at school or college – the Friday before half terms tends to work well – Friday 20th October
– Pink office raffle
– Pink your pinky and make a donation
It’s easy to get involved.
1) Sign up using the ‘Register your pink activity’ button at the top of this page
2) Enjoy taking part in your chosen pink activity
3) Donate funds raised to Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
You can donate in a few ways:
– Either by popping in to meet us at the Charity Office. Please do organise this with us in advance so we know to expect you (Office number is 01905 733 786
– Or you can send a cheque made payable to ‘Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven’ to the below address, for the attention of our Fundraising Manager Lexi Craigie. Don’t forget to let us know what you did and include your details so we can thank you
Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven,
PO Box 933
Here’s to a very pink October!
Picture 1: Employees at Divine Malvern who organised a pink day in October 2016 at their salon for customers, raising money for Worcestershire Breast Unit Haven
Picture 2: Turning your pinky pink – employees at Handelsbanken Worcester turned their little fingers pink in support of the charity and made a donation